Where it is necessary to transport children, the following good practice will be adopted.
Where parents arrange for the transportation of children to and from the activity, outwith the knowledge of Hamilton Golf Club, it will be the responsibility of the parents to satisfy themselves about the appropriateness and safety of the arrangements.
Where Hamilton Golf Club arrange for the transportation of children, the members of staff/volunteers involved will undertake a risk assessment of the transportation required. This will include an assessment of the following areas :
* Ensuring all vehicles are correctly insured for the purpose and the driver has a valid and appropriate license for the vehicle being used
* All reasonable safety measures are available i.e. fitted, working seatbelts
* At least two adults are present when transporting children
* Wherever possible, children should be in the back seat of the car for health and safety reasons
* Written parental consent to transport children will be requested at the start of the playing season each year. This is included in our Safe in Care/Partnership with Parents/Carers form.
To safeguard the member of staff/volunteer, the following good practice is required :
* Agree a collection policy with parents which will include a clear and shared understanding of arrangements for collection at the end of a session.
* Always tell another member you are transporting a child, give details of the route and the anticipated length of the journey.
* Call ahead to inform the child's parents you are giving them a lift and inform them when you expect to arrive.